My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010 - Nice to meet ya!

Happy 2010 EVERYONE!!
I hope that everybody had a fantastic time ringing in the new year last night.
I hope that everyone had someone amazing to kiss at midnight. :)
I hope that everyone got a good nights sleep afterwards too.

New Years Eve Recap...
December 31, 2009 started out with a 6:00am pilates session in the living room with Linsey who has been DYING to do it with me...



Then headed off to work for the last day of the year AND the last day before our VACATION!!
Enjoyed some yummies...



Almond Butter...oh how I've missed you in my Sunday oats.
Work went by easily. I kind of floated all over the building working in different areas - kitchen, front desk, I/T room...where ever they needed me really. Linsey had fun playing with my friend, Melissa's son, Malik, but I never could snap a picture of them. I guess 8 year olds a too quick for me.
Had an easy and tasty lunch...



Linsey and Malik hung out in one of the classrooms and watched Horton Hears A Who and ate pizza. Lucky for her the teacher was one of her old teachers so she was able to sneak right in and enjoy herself while I finished the day. We picked up Regan at 3:00 and headed home. Jason met us there and I got busy with some last minute cleaning. Regan pretended the dining room chairs were a train...



She kept yelling - chug a chug a choo choo!! I guess she's really ready to ride the train to Chicago. :)



While I cleaned - Jason finished up the last of the cooking.



Once that was all done we sat in the living room to "relax" a little until our guests arrived, but the girls had other plans...a pillow fight sounded more fun!



Jeff, Jennifer, Olivia and Mia made it to our house a little after 6:00 and we INSTANTLY got all the food set out and started chowing down...



Jeff couldn't even let me finish taking the picture first!! :D



With the amount of food we had you would have thought we had WAY MORE people than we actually did, but everyone grazed most of the night.





In the end, we decided to bust out the scrabble game while the girls were blasting Hannah Montana (or whatever) in Linsey's room. We also brought the chips and cheese dip to the table too. It was soooo much easier than having to get up every time we wanted some!! :D




I lost, but who could really win with letters like these all night!?



Linsey, Olivia, Mia and Regan started a game of hide n seek and I think Regan came up with the best hiding spot of the night...



The other girls eventually found her, but she did good being still and quiet.
(or as still and quiet as a 2 year old can be!)
The adults ended up in the living room flipping back and forth between Carson Daly (carsonjdaly) and Ryan Seacrest (RyanSeacrest). The girls coldn't wait for midnight and once it came (Mia and Regan were already crashed out) Linsey and Olivia were STOKED!



They instantly ran outside to scream and holler and do their confetti poppers!!
Then we kicked everybody out and went to bed...just kidding. Jeff and Jennifer took Mia home shortly after and we went to bed shortly after that - HEY!! We're old and no matter how late we WANT to sleep our children will get up when they get up...

That's why I started this morning out with...



And while I cleaned up the kitchen and cooked breakfast had this...



And then sat down with my breakfast and this baby sitting right next to my plate...



Yep - 3 cups of coffee by the time I sat down to eat a Grands biscuit with apple butter, 2 Morningstar Farms maple veggie sausages and 2 scrambled eggs (that I couldn't eat because I salted them a tad too much :( ).

Linsey and Olivia are playing in Linsey's room and Jason is out having a coffee meeting with a friend. Regan and I are hanging out in the living room watching Maggie & the Ferocious Beast while I drink the last of my 3rd cup. Don't worry - there's still more waiting for me in the coffee pot!!

HAPPY 2010 EVERYONE!!
MAKE IT GREAT!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost